[Image Credit: ]
Thrift Store Manager- 40hrs/week ($15/hr)
Supervises and participates in the day-to-day operations of the Store and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the sorting and scheduling of incoming donations
- Ensures that items are properly priced, sorted, stocked, and/or discarded.
- Responsible for training and supervising thrift store associate(s) and volunteers
- Coordinate schedules for thrift store associate(s) and volunteers
- Supervises and participates in the cashier activities.
- Ensures the accountability and security of cashier funds.
- Assists in preparing daily sales reports and bank deposits.
- Maintains the neatness and attractiveness of store merchandise and makes certain that displays remain well-stocked.
- Assists customers in locating items and prices and explains store policy.
- Prepares and maintains files and various store reports, records, forms and other similar documents.
- Create and distribute marketing/promotional materials for the store
- Participate in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings or special events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge including word processing database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Ability to accurately and timely perform routine mathematical computations and count change.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse racial and ethnic identities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration statuses, and physical/mental abilities in a multicultural environment
Education and Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred and experience working in a retail store preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to successfully work with a variety of people in a positive manner. Limited physical effort required associated with sitting, walking, standing, lifting, bending, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling, 75% to 100% of the work time and carrying light objects (generally less than 50 lbs.) 75-100% of work time.
Position: Thrift Store Manager
Organization: We Are Family
DBA: Closet Case Thrift Store
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Please email a cover letter and resume as an attachment to email@example.com.
We Are Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, HIV status, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full time
Required language: English