[Image Credit: Ryan Seigmann]
What: Closet Case, a pop-up thrift store
When: Saturday March 4th 8am-4pm
Where: 1600 Meeting (address is actually 1630-1 Meeting Street Rd, Charleston SC 29405)
About the event:
- For one day only, We Are Family is proud to bring back Closet Case, a pop-up thrift store. Who knows what treasures you will find? Looking for some rare vintage digs, funky housewares, furniture, or perhaps a mounted unicorn head? Our nitche is Kitsch, so whatever you’re looking for, we probably have it!
During the Event:
- This event is part of Charleston Werk Week (chswerkweek.com), an affordable three-day celebration of vintage fashion and vintage music.
- Showers and Free Clothes Available for those in need
About We Are Family:
- We Are Family is open to young people, ages 24 and under. We offer several support groups, training programs, resources, and direct services to youth who have been marginalized on the basis of their real or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity. At our meetings, participants can feel safe to share the things that are important in their lives in an affirming environment. Community outreach opportunities, social outings, and mentorship opportunities are some of the additional programs we offer.
- We Are Family hopes to open a thrift store and drop-in center for youth experiencing unstable housing and/or food insecurity. Forty percent of all youth experiencing homelessness identify as LGBT, and this project aims to provide services to the youth population of Charleston who are severely lacking in systems of support.